Demetrius Andrade vs. Janibek Alimkhanuly: Purse Bid Set For January 14


The World Boxing Organization has arranged a competition for the competitive fight between middleweight world champion Demetrius Andrade and undefeated challenger Janibek Alimkhanuly.

On November 30, the WBO committee published a letter calling on the respective parties to begin negotiations.

The 20-day period expired on Monday and no agreement was reached between the parties.

The purse is scheduled to take place on Friday, January 14th at 12:00 p.m. Atlantic Standard Time (AST) at the World Boxing Organization (WBO) headquarters in San Juan, Puerto Rico

The minimum acceptable bid is $ 200,000.

Andrade is promoted from Eddie Hearns Matchroom USA, while Alimkhanuly is promoted from Bob Arum’s Top Rank.

According to WBO rules, in fights between the champion and the first available contender in the country of origin, residence or in fights between the champion and the first available contender in the country of origin, residence or nationality of the champion, or in a neutral location, the champion receives 75% of the total and the challenger the remaining 25%. And in battles for the title held in the challenger’s country of origin, residence or citizenship, the champion receives 80% of the total money and the challenger receives the remaining 20%.

Alimkhanuly (11-0, 7 KOs) last fought in November when he beat and stopped former champion Hassan N’dam in eight rounds.

Andrade, for his part (31-0, 19 KOs) also hit the ring in November and retained his title with a two-round demolition of overwhelmed challenger Jason Quigley.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *